The 10 Best Juicers on The Market
Don’t buy your first or your next juicer without first checking out our guide, featuring a wide selection of green juicers for every price range. Juicing doesn’t have to be expensive, and despite what other gurus may tell you, I suggest starting with a moderately priced machine if this your first time. You can always upgrade after your commitment to the practice is confirmed, or like me you can opt for a more expensive model after your first one dies.
Juicing is growing tremendously popular due both to people becoming more and more interested in juice fasts as a way to cleanse the body, as well as those just looking to add a relatively low calorie nutrition-packed boost to their days. Stuck in a rut with your juicing recipes? Checkout “Green Juice Recipes To Mix Up Your Juicing Routines” from the Huffington Post.
Let’s be honest, we’re all just a bunch of children who never wanted to eat our vegetables, BUT we will drink them!
Though by far the two most popular types of juicers on the market are the centrifugal type and the masticating type, there are five basic types available on the market.
The 5 Basic Types Of Juicers
- Reamers – designed primarily for juicing citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruits, lemons, and limes. The process involves first cutting the fruit in half, and then holding the half by the rind and pressing it into a ridged conical shaped center. These are great for adding fresh juice to your diet, but are not the type of machine you want if you’re looking to sample some of the top juice fast recipes.
- Centrifugal – Chops through the fruit and vegetables with sharp, flat cutting blades, and then separates the juice from the rest of the mixture by spinning at high speed. They work quite well overall, but they make juicing leafy green veggies like kale a bit more difficult.
- Masticating – Through the use of a single gear (auger) the masticating juicers crush and compact your ingredients before forcing them through a fixed screen. The pulp is expelled and collected via a separate exit. A benefit of masticating juicers is that they operate at slower speeds (RPMs) than other types, and studies have shown that this may extend the shelf life of your pre-made juice a couple of days. Some have also claimed that the slower speed at which the juice is created helps maintain a higher nutritional value by limiting oxidization, but I’ve not seen any conclusive studies on the matter.
- Triturating – More complicated, thus more expensive models that produces juice via a double interlocking auger design. These are far superior machines in many ways, and they can effortlessly juice just about anything (including leafy greens). Some of the downsides of triturating juicers is that their slower speed drags out the juicing process a bit more than other types, and they can also be a bit of a pain in the ass to clean due to their more complicated design.
- Juicing Press – Commonly used by orchards for pressing mash apples that are wrapped in a cloth, juicing presses can vary greatly in size. Not the type you’ll want to buy if your looking to make a fresh batch of green juice, but you could always start a hard cider business.
Review of the 700 Watt Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain (#1 below)
- Extra-wide 3-inch feeder chute can create 8oz. cup of juice in just 5 seconds; Stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract up to 30% more juice and 40% more vitamins and minerals than other juicers
- 850-watt dual-speed motor; powerful stainless-steel cutting disc for fast results. Overload Protection LED : To prevent against unsafe operation
- Safety locking arm; overload protection LED; large-capacity pulp collector. Pulp Container Capacity - 2.6 Pulp Container. Voltage - 110-120 Volts. Power - 800 Watts
- Dishwasher-safe parts; includes 1-liter juice jug with froth separator, filter basket, and cleaning brush
- Measures approximately 13-1/5 by 16-1/2 by 18-1/5 inches; 1-year limited warranty
- 🍊 WHY THE MUELLER ULTRA JUICER - Under it's sleek modern stainless-steel design and low counter-top footprint, it packs the 1,100 watt punch of much larger, bulkier and more expensive juicers in a fraction of the size and cost. You will be able to create a 16 oz cup of juice in just 8 seconds with no clogging and less foaming.
- 🍏 DUAL-SPEED VERSATILITY - "1" low speed runs from 12000 to 15000 RPM for softer fruits like oranges, tomatoes and others; "2" fast speed runs from 15000 to 18000 RPM for harder fruits like carrots, celery, beets, kale and many others.
- 🍍 CLEAN-UPS ARE A SNAP - BPA FREE MATERIAL - Culinary grade stainless-steel cutting disc is surrounded by an Italian made micro mesh filter to extract more juice, vitamins and minerals all while being easy to clean and assemble in seconds.
- 🍓 EXTRA LARGE 3" FEED CHUTE - A safety locking arm makes sure the cover stays on tight while operating. The overload protection system shuts off the juicer if the motor were to overheat from an unstable power supply, improper assembly, idle run, etc. Designed with an anti-drip function extra large 3" feed chute which avoids spillage.
- 🍎 EUROPEAN ENGINEERED - AMERICAN GUARANTEE - 100% 2 Year Warranty so you can buy with confidence and juice happily ever after.
- COLD SPIN TECHNOLOGY: Cold Spin Technology allows juice to flow up and through the stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by an Italian-made mesh filter to ensure an insignificant temperature increase.
- SHORTENED PREP TIME: The newly designed 3.5 inch extra large wide chute feed allows you to juice whole fruits and vegetables without pre-cutting.
- NOISE REDUCTION TECHNOLOGY: Juicing on quiet setting reduces mechanical noise by 40%
- FAST SETTING: Extract up to 70 fl.oz. of delicious, nutrient rich juice up to 5x faster than a 'cold press'.
- XL JUICING CAPACITY: Juice and seal in a XL 70 fl. oz. jug for the whole family or store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Using a low speed of 80 RPMs results in minimal heat buildup and oxidation promoting healthy enzyme
- 110/120 voltage
- Heavy-duty compact juice fountain with centered knife blade assembly
- 700-watt motor operates at 14,000 RPM for maximum extraction ; Safety Locking Arm: Juicer will not operate without juicer cover in place and safely locking arm in place in the vertical operating position.Pulp Container Capacity: 1.6 qt Pulp Container
- Extra-large 3-inch centered feed tube. Heavy Grade Polymer Body, Stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by Italian made micro mesh filter to extract up to 30 percent more juice and 40 percent more vitamins
- Dishwasher-safe parts; custom cleaning brush included ; Voltage:110-120 Volts ; Power:700 Watts
- Measures 10-1/2 by 10 by 16 inches; 1-year limited warranty. Collects pulp within the footprint of the unit to conserve counter space
- INDUSTRY LEADING 15-YEAR WARRANTY covering parts and performance
- LONGER LASTING JUICES: Using a low speed of 80 RPMs results in minimal heat buildup and oxidation promoting healthy enzymes
- EXCLUSIVE: Dual Stage masticating extraction
- HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS JUICES: Extracts the maximum amount of nutrients, vitamins, taste and juice from minimum amounts of fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, and wheatgrass
- NUTRITION CENTER: Extrude pasta, grind coffee and spices, turn nuts into nut butter, make baby food and frozen desserts, mince herbs and garlic, and whip up soy milk in a flash
- 1000-watt juicer with 2 speed controls, high (13,000 RPM) and low (6,500 RPM)
- Die-cast steel housing; stainless-steel micromesh filter; titanium-plated cutting disk
- Circular 3-inch feed tube accommodates whole fruits and vegetables. Voltage is 110-120 Volts and over 40,000 filtering pores
- 1.1 quarts Juice Jug capacity, 3.2 quarts Pulp Container capacity book, dishwasher-safe parts
- Locking arm bolts move up to 1/4 in all directions to ensure a snug fit in the locking arm. Note-do not operate juicer more than a minute at a time when using at rapid rate or with firm pressure. Allow the motor to rest for one minute between each use
- Cold Spin Technology allows juice to flow up and through the stainless steel cutting disc surrounded by an Italian-made mesh filter to ensure an insignificant temperature increase.
- Extra Wide Whole Feed Chute measuring 3" to juice whole fruits and vegetables.
- Safety Locking Arm stops operation when cover is not locked correctly into place.
- Jug Capacity featuring a 70 oz. Seal and Store Juice Jug; Stainless steel micro mesh filter basket.
- 2 Speed electronic control. High speed for denser fruits and harder vegetables at 1300rpm, and low speed for leafy vegetables and soft fruit at 6500 rpm.
- HEALTHY, HOMEMADE JUICE IN SECONDS. Juice a variety of fruits and vegetables. Juicer is easy to assemble with extra-large pulp bin. Juice cup not included.
- 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY FROM THE #1 SELLING JUICE EXTRACTOR BRAND*. Warranty includes access to US-based customer support.
- EASY TO CLEAN. Removable parts are dishwasher-safe and BPA-free
- POWERFUL MOTOR FOR MAXIMUM JUICE. 800 watts of power can turn a dense beet into smooth juice in seconds and yields more juice than the Breville Juice Fountain Cold.
- Extra-large pulp bin provides for continuous juicing - no need to stop midway through juicing to empty the pulp bin
- A high quality strainer and stainless steel blades, pulp is separated out while nothing but natural, nutritious juice is effortlessly strained into the 300-ml pitcher below
- 400 watts of power plus a stainless steel cutter and strainer juices all your favorite fruits and vegetables with ease; 28-oz pulp collector
- Large, integrated pulp container reduces space taken on counter
- Custom juice cup makes measuring, pouring and serving easy, Dishwasher-safe parts make cleanup a breeze
- Measures 13 by 9 by 9-inch; 2-year limited warranty
Adding protein shakes to your diet can also be a great way to ensure that you’re getting the nutrients that your body needs every day. Checkout our collection of over 140 of them!