I feel it’s appropriate to first define what this site is not.
- This site is not a site that pushes magic potions or pills “guaranteed” to give you the body you always wanted while you watch “How I Met Your Mother “ and eat bonbons. Believe me that if such potions or pills existed, I’d be on a couch somewhere right now passed out and smiling contently with six-pack abs and chocolate on the corners of my mouth. Seriously, I’ve got a really small mouth, especially when I get pissed. It’s a reflex.
- This site is not going to recommend that you adopt crazy, complicated and impractical diets like “The Grapefruit Diet”, or the “All Protein and 0 carb diet”. I don’t know about you, but all of my friends who experienced unbelievable weight loss success in 2004 with “The Atkins Diet” have since returned to their 2003 weight.
- This site is not going to offer you magic secrets to internal youth and vitality if you’ll but send a fist full of dollars our way. Certain links in this site are affiliate links and we do make a small commission on items purchased through them, but that being said, we will still love you if you should choose to buy your items elsewhere. As always we are extremely thankful for your support.
What FitDeskJockey.com is.
[frame style=”modern” image_path=”http://buildingleanmusclemass.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Lean-Muscle-Matt-Protein.jpg” link_to_page=”” target=”” description=”” size=”three_col_large”]My name is Lean Muscle Matt.
AND I’m a fitoholic.
I’ve made it my mission to help the desk jockeys and the downtrodden office dwellers of the world to begin ascending Apollo’s ladder toward fitness excellence.
Maybe you’ve tried to lose weight in the past via diets, gym memberships, videos, or with home gyms that have left you feeling like a failure, lost and alone. Maybe you’ve recently welcomed a little bundle of joy into your life, and now you desperately want improve your health in order to be an active part of their life at the highest level possible for many years to come. Maybe you’ve just received a warning from the doctor that the sedentary lifestyle you’ve sunken into since landing your first dream job is slowly killing you, and that serious consequences may result if you don’t start making some changes today.
If you’ve already embarked on your own fitness journey , I hope that my experiences – both my successes and my failures – can help you reach your goals and continue to push the envelope even further. If you’re still stuck in the desk or the couch, I hope that this community inspires you to take your first step toward a more Apollo-like you.
- FitDeskJockey.com is a muscle building and fitness oasis dedicated to sharing valuable information in order to help you take your fitness to the next level and beyond, AND stay there.
- FitDeskJockey.com is built on the belief that strength training is one of the primary keys to unlocking your god-like body. The other is committing to eat a more balanced diet with less carbs, oodles of vegetables, and generous amounts of lean protein. Don’t worry, we also encourage “cheating”. 🙂
- FitDeskJockey.com is dedicated to the belief that everyone, from professional fighter to doughboy desk dweller (hee hee!), can enhance the quality of every area of their life by striving to be in the best physical shape possible.
- FitDeskJockey.com is testament to the fact that small consistent changes in your life over the long-term (think months not weeks) are the keys to sustainable fitness, health, and wealth.
[notify_box style=”yellow”]Our #1 goal is to get you moving and keep you moving toward your personal health and wellness goals, and all of life’s riches that dedication and a commitment to fitness can provide![/notify_box]
Your “friends” give you excuses and rationalizations, we give you solutions and support! We offer an ever expanding collection of posts and videos about a diverse array of topics including how to get inspired, preparing for and embracing success, overcoming and learning from your failures, as well as an ever growing collection of exercises and recipes.
[notify_box style=”blue”]“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect.”
~ Mark Twain[/notify_box] [/one_half_last]
[button url=”http://forms.aweber.com/form/65/1085523965.htm” target=”_self” size=”small” style=”fire” ]Join the 25%ers![/button]
So Who Is Lean Muscle Matt?
[frame style=”modern” image_path=”http://buildingleanmusclemass.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Lean-Muscle-Matt.jpg” link_to_page=”http://fitdeskjockey.com/2010/%E2%80%9Cif-you-want-to-know-your-past-look-into-your-present-conditions-if-you-want-to-know-your-future-look-into-your-present-actions-%E2%80%9D-buddhist-saying” target=”” description=”” size=”four_col_large”]
My father’s a pharmacist, my mother’s a nurse, and my uncle’s a certified personal trainer, so naturally I was predestined to become…an accountant. What?! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Lean Muscle Matt and I am a CPA, warrior-poet, metalhead, and OF COURSE a blogging fitness freak!
A few years back I traded my guitar and band mates for accounting textbooks, became a CPA, and like so many others now spend 9+ hours a day sitting at a desk behind uncomfortably low monitors that I’m fairly certain would not pass an ergonomics test. Double chocolate mochas are my life, and let me tell you that I certainly have a lust for life, but I’m NO Bob the accountant.
I’m fairly certain we all have these…pictures we’d like to burn. Yikes! On the other hand though, coming across pictures like the one below are part of what initially inspired me to start my own fitness journey. Clicking the image will take you to the first post I ever did.
[lightbox style=”modern” image_path=”http://fitdeskjockey.com/wp-content/uploads/Big-Belly-Matt-Pic.jpg” popup=”” link_to_page=”http://fitdeskjockey.com/2010/%E2%80%9Cif-you-want-to-know-your-past-look-into-your-present-conditions-if-you-want-to-know-your-future-look-into-your-present-actions-%E2%80%9D-buddhist-saying” target=”” description=”” size=”three_col_large”]
A Dream and a Promise
On September 1, 2010 I had an epiphany. After years of watching many of my friends and acquaintances get fatter each and every year, I looked in the mirror and saw an overweight office dweller precariously perched on the precipice of 30! Yikes! Shortly after that moment, which I now gratefully refer to as “rock bottom”, I vowed to get into the best shape of my life within one year’s time. My wife and I made the commitment of joining a gym, and began making genuine efforts to eat healthier.
I pledged myself to building muscle mass, while simultaneously cutting my body fat by more than half. Why focus on building lean muscle? So many people out there lose a ton of weight, including lean weight, and end up looking like malnourished skeletons. Then they can’t for the life of them figure out why they have such a hard time keeping the weight off that they’ve lost. I’d love to be able to run like an elite marathon runner, but I certainly don’t want to look like one (no offense). Muscle is metabolically active tissue that burns roughly 50 calories per pound, per day, at rest. This means that building your muscle mass effectively raises your basal metabolic rate (BMR), which is the amount of energy you expend at rest.
My dream is to build muscle, but more importantly my dream is to have lifelong strength of body and mind. You just never know when you may have to use either. At the time that I’m writing this I’m roughly 11 months into my journey, and I can proudly say that I’m down to 15% body fat from 21%. My strength gains have been absolutely astonishing. I STILL drink beer, and I do indulge in roughly one “cheat” day per week, but I’ve transformed the majority of my diet to one that’s filled with nutrient rich fruits and vegetables, and lean protein. I work out 4 times a week, and I’m extremely diligent about having a protein shake from the Fit Desk Jockey collection of protein shake recipes every morning within 30 minutes of waking up, and after every muscle blasting workout session.
[notify_box style=”blue”]“I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.”
~ Alice from “Alice in Wonderland [/notify_box] [/one_half_last]
If you are motivated to change your world and want to learn from my fitness successes (and failures!), please follow my journey, share fitness tips, and join my community! Please visit our fabulous Facebook fitness fan page and start climbing Apollo’s ladder! DON’T BE AN ALICE! Start YOUR transformation from fat desk jockey to fit desk jockey today and join the 25%ers.
Please Note: The advice and opinions contained in Fitdeskjockey.com should not be construed as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, so don’t do anything foolish. I encourage you to visit your doctor if you have questions about your health. I also strongly recommend that you DO NOT use the information provided on this website without first discussing it with your physician.
[button url=”http://forms.aweber.com/form/65/1085523965.htm” target=”_self” size=”small” style=”golden” ]Click Here To Get Your Jockey Name[/button]